Friday, June 20, 2014

identity


find beauty in the unknown. 


Sometimes our lives can look like this picture above.  They can be filled with this haze, slowly taking over our beings... hiding who we really are.  Our image of ourself becomes warped into something we are not... a fog so thick we loose ourselves in it.  

It is a scary thing.  Loosing oneself, that is.  But it is even scarier to those who don't know how to find themselves once again, or even for the first time.

Our identity is who we are.  What we believe, what we will fight for, how we portray ourselves, etc.  And our identity can so often be founded in lies, when we let it, that is.  You see, the Lord has given me very clear understanding and truth as to my identity and who I am through Him! I am His daughter. My identity; who I am, is who He says I am. I am not who my friends, family, or the world may say I am.  And neither are you.  

It absolutely breaks my heart to see young people not understand that they are not orphans.  That rather, they are sons and daughters of a King.  They are loved, wanted, trusted, worthy, and beautiful.  

Last night I had the privilege of ministering and praying for a group of middle school/ high school girls.  I was a mess.  Immediately in tears, before the first word left my mouth.  It was heartbreaking to hear these girls say that they felt ugly, unwanted, not worth anything, a mistake,... It is hard for me to understand why the truth of who I am is so prevalent and real in my life... but not in the lives of these girls.  

Sometimes it is hard to understand God's plan.  And it is so easy to go about our daily lives, after experiences after last night.  However, I don't want to, just exactly!  God has given me such a compassion for the lost, broken, unsure, scared,... and even though I may not be able to have an active presence in the entire world's lives, and specifically in these young girls lives', He does.  And He loves them and has great plans for their lives.  And I can intercede on their behalf.  On the behalf of lost Nations, Countries, Tribes, Cities, Families,... And that is so awesome to me! 




2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful mix of strength, love and security in your identity - and then God pours out His compassion through you and enables you to share. Such an important message for these girls - you have the opportunity to scatter Kingdom seeds that will grow into spiritual beauty. Grace and peace to you as you minister in His great name.

    ReplyDelete