Tuesday, June 10, 2014

friendship







"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same"




"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip beside you with a baseball bat singing, 'someone's gonna get it" 
jzjjajjajjjaa








I remember the first time I met this young lady.  It was at tennis camp... all of the girls on our court had to chose someone to compete against another court... Laney and I were the two names they were yelling out... she was my competition, and I was intimidated! 

From there I met her at a classical co-op I attended... I walk into latin class and there sits that same girl, not to mention with multiple stacks of latin flash cards sitting in front of her. Geeze, there was just no way to top this one! 

With all of this said, soon after officially meeting her, our families went to Coolidge Park in Downtown Chattanooga, TN.  Me and Laney smoked the others in a three legged race... *hence starting the journey of our awesome-lifelong friendship! 

From studying for latin together- playing spies- washing each others hair in the pool [and snow]- being doubles partners in tennis- composing our own songs- being the queens of capture the flag and the only ones to ever go to the laundry mat for fun [or at least consider it]- serving together in Belarus- adventuring in Chicago, Canada, Alabama, Tennessee, Michigan, Linville Gorge, NC- being there on the day, the luckiest man in the world, asked for her hand in marriage- and to standing next to her at her wedding---honored to be the maid of honor... and crying as that beautiful young lady walked down the isle and under God's covenant embarked on a new chapter and adventure that would last a lifetime.   

Laney has not only been an amazing friend.  She has been a great inspiration, mentor, role model, and sister.  She has taught me to be real, true, and honest with myself.  To walk a life of faith, honour, humility, and truth.  Her relationship with the Lord has always been inspiring to me.  And, now, her relationship with her husband is truly and incredibly inspiring.  She challenges me in numerous ways, and I am beyond grateful for that!   

//Where ever life shall take us, I will forever and always be grateful for the day that God brought our lives together and taught me about true friendship// 

No comments:

Post a Comment