Friday, June 27, 2014

it was just yesterday...


Crazy things are happening.  It seems as if it were just yesterday that me and this one were playing homeless and spies in our backyard.  Making up dance routines to EVERY Jump 5 song, swapping clothes and trying to get away with doing each others school work...ha..., DOUBLE SWANKING people on the basketball court, and enjoying life side- by- side.  With all the moving around my family did, in every house, neighbourhood, city, and state, one thing always stayed the same... I always had my best friend.  Now would I have ever admitted to that, no.  I'm simply and stubbornly the older sister... ha, but it is true.  My life changed at the age of one year and thirteen days.  The world no longer revolved around me in our house.  I had a little sister to look after, adore, tackle, tickle, scare...(Im the queen of scaring her.. to the point of her falling down the stairs, ha.), and to be a good example to.  I have failed numerous times at being the the greatest and most loving big sister, but I have always tried my best, just sometimes in my own-uniwue way.  And I hope, Jayla, that you know that!

Growing up with you was never a dull moment.  You are an absolute goof.  You are hilarious and at times... way more blonde than you look, but that is who you are and that is so awesome!  Seriously though, I could fill many books of funny "Jayla quotes and moments." haha.  And goodness, you are way beyond beautiful!!  

I remember being in your shoes about two years ago now.  All of the emotions of  anxiousness and excitement. Leaving everything and everyone that you love.  It is hard, but even more so exciting.  Knowing what crazy awesome things God is going to reveal to you.  And as crazy as it sounds, it is probably going to be harder to come back, than it is to leave, cause well, you are going to change.  You are going to have so many new experiences and you are going to leave so much baggage behind, baggage you had no clue you even carried around.  You are going to learn so much about yourself, your Father, love, surrender, relationships, and life.  You are about to be a part of a new family and community of people there.  Cease every moment and be intentional with relationships.  Do not be afraid to let God completely wreck you, because it is in brokenness that we find ourselves and our identity in Him.  I am so excited for you and proud of you.  I remember just a few weeks into my DTS saying to my one-on-one, "my sister has to experience this!"  

Well baby sister, I miss you already and cannot wait to hear of all the adventures God takes you on!!! Goodness, it is so exciting!!! I wish so badly I was in your shoes again, but now it is your turn! 

Love you, Plumpkin. ;] 







No comments:

Post a Comment